3 Lesser-Known Natural Ingredients That Your Skin Will Love!Posted by Tindra Eriksson on
When it comes to making your skin look its best in your 40s, 50s, 60s, and beyond, you can count on nature to keep time on your side.
And while nature has something to offer from pretty much anywhere on the globe, interestingly enough, some of the most effective natural skincare ingredients are sourced from the colder regions of the planet. In order to survive in these extreme temperatures, plant life here is packed with higher concentrations of antioxidants and other valuable chemical compounds, making the ingredients super potent and beneficial for your skin.
Here are some of nature’s best kept skincare secrets that thrive even in the biting cold:
Up until around a decade ago, Chaga Mushrooms had gone largely unnoticed despite the astounding array of health and beauty benefits that they offer. Chaga grows primarily on birch trees in countries with cold climates, and somehow resembles charcoal rather than mushrooms, which could perhaps explain why it had gone underutilized as an ingredient for so long. Luckily enough, we have come to know the numerous benefits that the Chaga Mushroom can offer, particularly for the unique needs of aging skin.
- It provides natural UV protection for your skin. Given the high melanin levels found in the Chaga Mushroom, it can help keep aging skin safe from sun damage, thus guarding against sun damage, age spots and possibly hyperpigmentation. It can also help in reducing dark spots caused by overexposure to the sun.
- It aids in skin regeneration. This is due to the Betulinic acid that is carried by the Chaga Mushroom, which can also help regulate the skin’s oil production. It also helps to fight against inflammation, as well as conditions like acne, eczema, and psoriasis.
- It is a powerful antioxidant. The Chaga Mushroom contains Superoxide Dismutase (SOD), which helps the body neutralize free radicals that tend to build up over time due to factors such as stress, pollution, and sun exposure. As we age, our body’s natural production of SODs lessens, making our skin more vulnerable to skin discoloration and wrinkles. Chaga helps restore and maintain the levels of SODs to keep your skin’s health in check, while giving you a healthy glow from the inside out.
Lingonberries grow in the Northern hemisphere in boreal forests, as well as in the Arctic tundra. They are tiny in size, but they pack a punch - gaining a reputation as health-promoting super fruits that are rich in vitamins and minerals.
- They improve skin hydration and elasticity. Lingonberries are rich in Omega 3, which is known to improve balanced hydration of the skin by keeping cells healthy. When cells are healthy, they hold water and that results in a soft and supple complexion.
- They even skin tone and boost healing. Lingonberries are full of Vitamin E that helps balance melanin production, resulting in lightened dark spots and reduced uneven skin pigmentation.
- They protect against environmental damage. Lingonberries are free radical scavengers that help prevent the quick effects of skin aging such as the onset of wrinkles, dryness and discoloration.
Even in harsh winter weather conditions and extremely icy temperatures, Cloudberries thrive in Arctic marshes, preserving a high concentration of vitamins as well as antioxidants. Not only do they serve as a wonderful beauty supplement, but they also boast immune-boosting properties that aid in providing protection that isn’t just skin-deep.
- Cloudberry is packed with Vitamin C. When applied topically, it can increase the production of collagen and elastin, which helps keep the skin plump and firm.
- They contain Omega 3 and 6. These are essential fatty acids (EFA) that create a barrier against harmful bacteria and add moisture to the skin. They also improve your skin’s inflammatory response, soothing irritated and sensitive skin.
- Cloudberries are rich in vitamin E, an antioxidant, that fights off free radicals and protects the skin from sun damage. It also helps retain moisture in the skin all year round, even during punishing cold weather, preventing irritated dry skin with its moisturizing properties.
You can enjoy all these nutrient rich natural ingredients and more in the NOOMI Stockholm BirchTech Hybrid serum infused cream. Since we produce our products in small batches, we are able to harvest these unique ingredients in the wild Scandinavian forests and infuse them in our formulations - delivering the power of Nordic nature to you.
← Older Post Newer Post →