What would you tell your younger self?Posted by Tindra Eriksson on
One of the most fun and eyeopening questions we’ve asked our Ambassadors and community of women is, “If you could go back to your 20-year-old self and give her some advice, what would it be?
Their answers are so beautiful and inspiring, and are truly showing how much wisdom and personal growth we gain with age.
Here are a few of those pieces of advice that are really sticking with us…
If I could speak to my younger self I would tell her, you are smarter, stronger, and wiser than you know, and you can achieve so much more than you think you can.
We have all been programmed from an early age to have certain thoughts and beliefs about the world, other people, ourselves, and what we are capable of. Allow yourself time and space for discovery - of the world, and if yourself.
- Kerry Lou., Founder of Silver Style Studio.
"I believe that we all have three distinct yet intertwining parts that make up who we are, and what we do in one area will impact the other. I’ve seen it time and again in my own life.
If I could have a talk with my 20-year-old self and offer some advice in these areas, this is what it would be:
Physical - take care of your body, inside and out. Don’t assume that because your skin is firm and your body is taut that it will always stay that way. Hint: it won’t.
Do these 3 things every day:
- Use sunscreen without exception.
- Exercise regularly.
- Eat nutritious food, at least most of the time.
Emotional - no one is a mind reader, so make sure and tell people how you feel. If you don’t say it they won’t know it. And unspoken feelings will ultimately come out sideways. Avoid that if you can. Just be honest and use words.
Spiritual - what you put into your mind will never leave. Make sure that what you read, watch, and do is representative of your faith and what you stand for.”
- Candi Randolph.age 65, Founder of Inspire My Style.
1. Dream big and pursue those dreams. It's far better to fail whilst trying than to never try at all.
2. Find a way to make a passion into a career or make money from it. It will never feel like a job.
3. Look after your body and start now. You will only ever get one body, so eat well, do the exercise, look after your skin, get plenty of sleep. Make food your medicine or medicine will be your food.
4. Always give your best , have no regrets, make 100% effort so you can be proud of yourself.
5. Don't get caught up in a material world...spend your money on great experiences.
6. Travel as much as you can...you learn so much through travel.
7. What doesn't kill you will make you so much stronger.
8. The most valuable gift to give someone is your time. It can mean so much to someone that is lonely.
9. Be grateful for the small stuff as the simple things are the best.
20. Smile more, smile at strangers, compliment strangers. Give out positive energy and it comes back 10 fold.
- Sheila Kiss., Age 64., NOOMI Ambassador & Founder of Call Me A Gypsy.
If I could go back to my 20 year old self I would say these things:
1) Stop worrying about being having boyfriends, you will have plenty.
2) Don't marry without a prenup.
3) Always stick to your intuition.
4) Take that risk, what is the worst that can happen?
5) You get out what you put in.
6) Don't worry about what other people think of you, it's none of your business
7) Seriously drink LOTS of water
8) Live love and travel but -
9) If you can invest in property - do it.
But most of all I would just say this , You have one life, don't waste it ,live it and take risks, be kind and laugh.
- Honor Marks., Proage Influencer & Founder of Honestly With Honor.
What piece of advice would you give your younger self? Let us know now in the comments below!
← Older Post Newer Post →